Assistant Director of Economic Development
Joey currently serves as Assistant Director of Economic Development for the City of Rowlett, TX. He is responsible for managing staff and helping to market the community to prospective companies, work to retain existing businesses, and recruit new business to Rowlett.
Joey has been involved in Economic Development since 2001, when he began pursuing his Masters Degree in Economic Development at the University of Southern Mississippi. He has a diverse background having worked in the private sector at Medtronic before entering the field of Economic Development. His work experience includes working in rural and suburban communities in multiple states and engaging in projects ranging from retail, commercial, industrial, and mixed-use. Besides working as a local practitioner, he performed a number of economic development/retail consulting projects in Texas, Alabama, Wisconsin, Arizona, Tennessee, and Indiana. Some of his career accomplishments include:
- Developed first TIF district in Columbia, MS
- Served as President of the Southeast Mississippi Economic Development Association
- Worked on economic development projects with companies like McKesson, Atos SE, Pioneer Aerospace, and many others
- Worked on several existing industry expansions
- Under his leadership, Hutto,Texas was a finalist for a $5 billion corporate relocation prospect