Starting a Business in Rowlett
The City is excited that you are considering opening a business in Rowlett. Our City prides itself with being a business-friendly city and strives to provide you with the best possible service so that you can open your business as quickly as possible.
Here are some of the ways we can help your new businesses open in the City:
- Help your business find a location that meets your needs.
- Visit prospective sites that you are considering and providing input on what steps are needed related to zoning, permitting, and other city processes.
- Once a site has been identified and you have drawn up some preliminary plans, the City will organize a pre-application meeting for you. The purpose of the meeting is to aid in making the application process faster, easier, and less costly for you.
- Throughout the process of setting up your business, we will be available to answer questions and help problem-solve.
- Once your business is open, we will help get the word out that you are now part of the Rowlett economy and community.
- Once you have met all of the legal requirements to operate your business, all that is required to operate in our City is a Certificate of Occupancy.
To Get Started ... First, check whether there are any city, county, state and/or federal requirements that might apply to your business. For questions about the necessary permits required for your particular business, please contact the appropriate agency. Below are a few helpful links to aid you in starting the business of your dreams.
We look forward to building a sustainable relationship with you and your company. Welcome to Rowlett!