Starting a Business in Rowlett
The City is excited that you are considering opening a business in Rowlett. Our City prides itself with being a business-friendly city and strives to provide you with the best possible service so that you can open your business as quickly as possible.
Here are some of the ways we can help your new businesses open in the City:
- Help your business find a location that meets your needs.
- Provide input on potential sites related to zoning, permitting, and other city processes.
- Once a site has been identified and you have drawn up some preliminary plans, the City can organize a pre-application meeting for you. The purpose of the meeting is to aid in making the application process faster, easier, and less costly for you.
- Throughout the process of setting up your business, we will be available to answer questions and help problem-solve.
- Once you have met all of the legal requirements to operate your business, all that is required to operate in our City is a Certificate of Occupancy. Note that home-based businesses are required to be registered with the City.
- Once your business is open, we will help get the word out that you are now part of the Rowlett economy and community.
To Get Started ... First, check whether there are any city, county, state and/or federal requirements that might apply to your business. For questions about the necessary permits required for your particular business, please contact the appropriate agency. Below are a few helpful links to aid you in starting the business of your dreams.
- City of Rowlett Alcohol Beverage Permit information
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Rowlett Area Chamber & Visitors Center
- Rowlett Chamber Foundation - Exterior Project Grant
- Need Help Starting an LLC or Sole Prop
- Go Big Texas - Start a Business
- Governor's Small Business Resource Portal
- Texas Business License & Permits Info
- Dallas SCORE offers free mentoring - https://dallas.score.org/. View their FAQ's on starting your business in Texas and their local resources here.
- State of Texas Economic Development - Reports & Publications
- Small Business Development Center of North Texas
- Small Business Administration - Launch Your Business
- Census Business Builder
- People Fund
- Dallas County Tax Office - Alcoholic Beverages/Property Taxes
- State of Texas Comptroller Office - Sales & Use Tax
- Dallas County Assumed Name
- TX Dept of Insurance,Insurance Information Institute
- American Red Cross OSHA kits
- USA.gov - Start a business, sell to the government, file and pay business taxes
We look forward to building a synergistic relationship with you and your company. Welcome to Rowlett!